Under the direct supervision of the Service Supervisor, the Caregiver is responsible for the care of a registered Mastercare Inc. client in the privacy of the clients own home. The caregiver will visit the client's home and perform quality, compassionate care within the scope of clients care plan.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must complete Mastercare's pre-employment and new hire process
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the Field Supervisor any changes in the clients' condition
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position, including lifting a minimum of 50 pounds with or without accommodations.
- The position requires frequent bending, stooping, crouching, sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and any movements associated with a standard home care client.
- Must be able to see and read printed materials.
- The position requires the abilities to communicate and interact with clients, supervisors, employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Employees will be scheduled to meet the needs of Mastercare Clients within their home environments
- Working with clients in their homes, employees could be exposed to bloodborne pathogens
- Employees must utilize personal protective equipment when providing personal care where there risk to exposure to bloodborne pathogens and body fluids
- Employees may be subject to unrestrained pets, clutter, or poor lighting and performing duties in homes with no air conditioning/ventilation
Essential Duties :
- Follow current written plan of care as established by Service Supervisor
- Assists in making their clients' lives easier and more comfortable
- Light housekeeping including but not limited to, dusting and vacuuming, changing linens/bed--making, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, and laundry of client only
- Plans and prepares meals for client
- Assists in grocery shopping as needed
- Provides companionship and emotional support
- Assists and escorts to and from appointments/errands
- Assist and escorts to recreational events & outings. Participates in activities and functions as directed
- Helps maintain medication schedules
- Communicates effectively both verbally and written with other staff, management, and clients
- Collects, reports and documents services provided in an accurate and timely manner
- Report changes in the client's condition, concerns, or incidents to the Service Supervisor in a timely manner
- Submits timecards/ activity sheet in a timely manner (i.e. weekly)
- Implements appropriate safety and infection control practices