Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
- Have and maintain an active, valid, current, unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Thorough understanding of Medical Terminology
- Visits treats and cares for Mastercare clients
- Will be accountable for all* clinical nursing duties as required by the PCP
- Customer Service – Provide a superior level of service to our customers and clients
- Consistently documents nursing care and activities daily to maintain accurate and compliant medical records
- Accurately administers medications and care as prescribed on the PCP
- Evaluate and monitor client status and make any and all necessary recommendations to the current PCP
- Follow up with any recommendations made to the PCP to ensure all physician changes have been implemented
- Consistently assists and maintains a safe work environment
- Implements appropriate age-specific interventions to all Mastercare clients as assigned or requested
- Provides safety and care education to clients and their families as needed.
- Safely and appropriately intervenes in all emergency situations
- Effectively communicates with clients to ensure they understand the care they are receiving.
- Effectively communicates with the other healthcare staff of Mastercare to ensure total continuity of care.
- Safely and effectively operates medical equipment necessary to care for clients per individual PCP
- Meet with supervisors to discuss employee any client issues,
- Daily, Monthly, and Quarterly reports
- Continually serves as point of contact for clients and Service Supervisors
- Serves as a resource and participates in training and orientation of other staff as necessary
- Other duties necessary or required
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position, including lifting a minimum of 50 pounds with or without accommodations.
- The position requires frequent bending, stooping, crouching, sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and any movements associated with a standard home care client.
- Must be able to see and read printed materials.
- The position requires the abilities to communicate and interact with clients, supervisors, employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Employees will be scheduled to meet the needs of Mastercare Clients within their home environments
- Working with clients in their homes, employees could be exposed to bloodborne pathogens
- Employees must utilize personal protective equipment when providing personal care where there risk to exposure to bloodborne pathogens and body fluids
- Employees may be subject to unrestrained pets, clutter, or poor lighting and performing duties in homes with no air conditioning/ventilation