Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference. Job Title Part-time Faculty Early Childhood Education Instructor Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Germantown Campus, Education Department is currently accepting applications for possible openings for part-time faculty members to teach Early Childhood Education and/or coordinate the Early Childhood Education Program.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, detail oriented individual with early childhood education teaching experience who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and who demonstrates the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The position may require availability during the day, in the evenings, and on Saturdays.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description ***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as ¢TBA ¢ does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach assigned courses related to Early Childhood Education.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, weekend and/or accelerated sections.
- Work collaboratively with others in the School of Education to promote the Early Childhood Education program.
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education or Early Childhood/Special Education.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant teaching experience.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the community college philosophy and mission.
- Willingness and flexibility to teach course sections as needed.
- Ability to integrate technology into course delivery.
- Ability to teach in a multicultural setting.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Previous teaching experience at the college level, particularly with freshmen and sophomore level classes or at a community college.
- Apply online at .
- For consideration, you must: Include dates of employment in your application or attachment; Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Closing DateFriday, July 27, 2018 Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace For disability-related accommodations, please call or send an email to: Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.