Looking for a skilled and motivated massage therapist to join our small curated team of bodyworkers. Please send in your application by 7/23/18.
We are a small group of bodyworkers practicing in the Lake Merritt district of Oakland. It is an established practice of 10 years that has more recently started to add members. The internal mission of the practice is to create a space for bodyworkers to enjoy the freedom and autonomy of working in private practice while having a community of supportive therapists. We have a high starting commission rate and there is room to grow on top of that. We offer mentorship and support to help newer massage therapists grow their practice and business skill sets.
We individually set our own schedules and rates. We also are focused on being a team as well as a supportive community for one another. We have regular set meetings to connect and problem solve for our practice and our clients. Having your own massage practice can be isolating without a community of massage therapists to support you. Come join our practice and enjoy community and freedom, the best of both worlds! You can learn more about our practice through our website at .
We are very intentional about who we bring in, as such it may involve multiple interviews to make sure everyone in the practice is aligned. We are looking for a therapist who is excited and ready to take on at least 8hrs of bodywork a week.
- You have great communication skills not only with clients but with colleagues as well.
- You place a high value on integrity of character and professionalism.
- You are motivated and self-driven with ample energy to grow your clientele.
- You have Deep Tissue and Swedish modalities as a primary part of your training and practice.
- You have a strong desire to continue growing as a therapist.
- You are ready and excited to do 8-12 hours of bodywork per week.
- You are certified to practice massage in the state of California.
- Have a desire to commit to this practice for the long term.
- Experience as a massage therapist is a plus but not required.
- You have training and confidence in additional modalities that compliment your experience with Swedish and Deep Tissue.
- Ideally you have a few established clients you can bring to the practice with you.
- Commission starts at 50%, with room to grow.
- A community of therapists to problem solve and refer clients to one another.
- A beautiful and well-appointed office centrally located on Grand Avenue, with a waiting room for clients, and a kitchen/break
room for therapists.
- A website portal and business cards to give you instant credibility and ease of booking for clients.
- Make your own schedule and set your own rates.
- We provide mentorship and support for massage therapists to help grow their practice and find new clients.
If you are interested in joining our practice, please reply here and send ALL of the following:
- A current resume
- Your best email address and cell phone number.
- A short video (1-2min) explaining why you chose massage/bodywork as your profession and
why you would like to join our practice.
We will review and contact applicants once the 7/23/18 deadline has passed.
We are a center dedicated to providing gentle and loving chiropractic care to families and children.