As a college admissions counselor, you will guide high school students through their academic and extracurricular work and ultimately, the college application process. Each counselor receives a caseload of students and meets with them periodically to offer advice regarding choice of major, coursework, college selection, and all related areas that compose a successful high school career. We offer each student a highly individualized experience.
The position involves helping students navigate and fill out the Common Application and UC Application, and helps students develop ideas and edit their college essays.
1. Minimum of B.A./B.S. from a top university.
2. Graduate degree(s) preferred although not required.
3. Prior educational or admissions experience preferred.
4. Reliable transportation.
Additional Information: Please read all items before applying.
1. All new hires start off as part time employees (pay rate is $25-$30 per hour depending on education and experience).
2. Full Time Positions available after 6 months-1 year, upon review.
3. Full Time includes: salary, health insurance, vacation, performance-based bonus, flexible schedule.
4. Working hours: Part time employees are expected to work about 22-26 hours a week during our office hours of 2-9 pm Mon-Fri and 9am-5pm on Saturdays.
5. Counselors often work at multiple HS2 locations depending on student caseload, so must have reliable transportation.
6. Work hours depend upon caseload of students.
7. Counselors must work 2 Saturdays per month, however workdays are flexible (you can schedule your own student meetings)
8. Counselors (even part-time) must be available to work 5 days per week during September-DecemberCompany Description HS2 Academy is one of the largest education consulting companies in the country. With 10 branches throughout California we are expanding rapidly and this is an ideal time for a new career in a fast-growing and challenging new industry. We offer an intensive training program for new hires and the promise that you will have the support of an incredible team of co-workers and supervisors.