We are seeking a Medical Receptionist to join our Surgery Center in Novi, Michigan! You will be the first person to greet patients and their families and you must be warm and welcoming. You will perform clerical and administrative functions predominantly focused on checking-in patients, ensuring all paperwork is present and accurate, and collecting copay amounts. However, you will also have other responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time that may extend to Medical Records.
You will be expected to arrive before patients typically at 5:30am and staying until 1 - 2pm. Twice a week, you will arrive for a late start and be required to stay until 4:30pm to cover the phones. You will not be expected to work weekends or Holidays. Previous experience in a healthcare facilities is mandatory.
- Greet and assist patients and their families as they arrive at the Surgery Center
- Managing patient check-in and check-out processes including collection of monies, checks and credit cards
- Answer inbound telephone calls
- Implement organized filing systems
- Perform all other office tasks and support for business office and administrative functions
- High school education or equivalent required
- Previous experience in healthcare administration (2-year+)
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office, Explorer and HST or other Healthcare Software such as EPIC
- Ability to work professionally with physicians, clinic staff and patients in a timely, confidential manner required
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Company Description The Novi Surgery Center is a leading, multi-specialty, AAAHC accredited, ambulatory surgical facility.
It is vital that every member of our team is dedicated to providing a warm and caring atmosphere for our patients and their loved ones.