Technical Writer - Job ID 12930
ROUSH CleanTech, the latest company within the Roush family, focuses exclusively on alternative fuels and the promotion of clean transportation alternatives. Bringing 40 years of automotive expertise to the alternative fuels marketplace, our focus is on developing the most innovative and reliable alternative fuel solutions for Ford medium-duty vehicles and Blue Bird school buses.
By designing, engineering, manufacturing and assembling quality alternative fuel systems, ROUSH CleanTech offers a seamless operational experience while lowering a vehicle's environmental impact and a fleet's operating costs.
Roush CleanTech is seeking a talented Technical Writer to join our growing team. The Technical Writer will be responsible for designing, creating, editing, and maintaining technical documentation for Roush CleanTech products including alternative fuel systems for medium duty vehicles and other automotive powertrain components. The Technical Writer would also be responsible for copy editing and graphics work related to the technical documents. This position is based in Livonia, Michigan.
· Bachelor's degree and minimum 1 year of professional experience as a technical writer or related -OR- associate's degree/technical training and minimum 3 years of professional experience as a technical writer or related
· Must have professional work experience in the automotive industry or similar industry experience such as aviation, off-road power systems, marine equipment, etc.
· Must have strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
· Technical Writer must have strong computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite
· Must have mechanical aptitude
· Must be able to develop, create, and edit illustrations to support technical documentation
· Ability to communicate written and verbal ideas in a clear, concise manner
· Technical Writer must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
· Must have strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
· Must have valid driver's license with safe driving record
· Markup language experience (XML or DITA XML)
· Authoring publishing software experience (such as Adobe FrameMaker)
· CAD experience
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link:
Our benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website:
Like us on Facebook:
At Roush, we are committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact the Recruiting Department at for further assistance.
EEO/AA/Veterans/DisabledCompany Description At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 4,000 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.