- Director of Food & Nutrition - Inpatient RehabJob ID76549LocationUS-TX-San AntonioExperience (Years)5CategoryFood Preparation and Serving - Supervisors, Food Preparation and Serving WorkersStreet Address19126 Stone HueCompanySelect Rehabilitation Hospital of San Antonio Position TypeFull Time-Regular
Select Rehabilitation Hospital
San Antonio, TX (Northside - Stone Oak)
Director ofFood & Nutrition(DFN)
Our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking aDirector of Food & Nutritionto join our team.
Weprovide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Director of Food & Nutritionmanages and coordinates operations of the department including food service and nutritional care to promote optimal patient care while providing exemplary customer service. Plans, organizes and implements department policies and procedures. Performs multiple responsibilities including but not limited to menu planning, staff management, development, training and evaluation of systems and processes to achieve department goals. Assures compliance with standard practices and regulatory requirements. May supervise the operation of the Gift Shop.
- Ensures that direct reports have received upon hire and continue to receive throughout employment the training, information and support to accomplish departmental objectives and meet job requirements.
- Initiates, schedules, directs and controls the daily operation of the Food and Nutrition Department through supervision of clinical nutrition and service staff.
- Ensures menu compliance with modified and therapeutic diets.
- Supervises and instructs Food and Nutrition supervisors and clinical staff in floor visits, screening and calorie counts.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
Bachelor's Degree required. Bachelor's Degree in Nutritional Sciences or equivalent preferred.
Current and valid registration as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration preferred.
Five or more years in a management capacity in a Food and Nutrition department/food service administration required.
Thorough knowledge of food products and service, operations, staffing, handling, storage and regulatory requirements required.
Knowledge of nutrition and therapeutic diets preferred.
AtSelect Rehabilitation Hospital, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment.We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of theDirector of Food & Nutritionposition include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) /Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Anetwork of over 42,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
OptionsApply for this jobApplyApplication FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Company Description Our network of over 100 specialty hospitals care for medically-complex and critically-ill patients. Designed for patients with persistent weakness and often damaged organs, these hospitals are built for extended periods of recovery. They are known as long-term acute care hospitals.
Another fifteen medical rehabilitation hospitals in our network are custom designed for patients who have survived critical injuries but are ready for more intensive rehabilitation.
Select Medical also offers nearly 1,000 outpatient clinics for patients in need of physical rehabilitation. These clinics provide physical therapy, hand therapy, low back rehabilitation, work injury management, sports performance and other specialized services.
For our business partners, we combine all of this expertise to offer highly specialized business solutions, including contract therapy, work injury management, and more.