OCCU is looking for a Senior Investment Advisors in Salem and Wilsonville. Job Responsibilities:
- Act as a trusted advisor in all interactions with members and potential members. Meet with clients to determine appropriate investment options and financial planning scenarios. Promote Oregon Community Investment Services products and services. Continually seek to increase asset base of Oregon Community Investment Services.
- Develop internal and external referral sources through participation in Credit Union events, community activities and participation in seminars to professional groups. Develop a network of external experts to provide business and legal advice to promote the success of the department. Maintain positive business relations with third party vendors.
- Maintain accurate client account records in accordance with applicable regulations and OCCU procedures.
- Assist the team with logistics for member educational seminars that promote the sale and use of Oregon Community Investment Services products and services. Material content and location must have prior approval.
- Understand OCCUs products and services, and actively recommends appropriate products and services to achieve OCCUs goals.
- To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Maintain a positive and proactive service spirit in all work. Greet members who enter the branch in a sincere manner. Ask appropriate questions to learn about members needs. Build positive and professional working relationships with members. Promote a cohesive team environment with co-workers.
- To be accurate in all work performed. Accuracy is key to providing exceptional member service.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment and also as part of a team.
- To stay up to date with product, procedure, and other pertinent changes. To attend and complete training that enhances ones ability to perform his or her job.
- To keep track of ones schedule and to attend work and meetings as scheduled and on-time.
Three to five years of similar or related experience. Education:
Equivalent to a four-year college degree. Fully licensed with Series 7, 65/66, and state insurance licenses required. Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday thru Saturday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.