Office Location: Woodland Hills, CA
SEEKING: SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, OPERATIONS
Genesis Capital LLC ("Genesis") one of the largest private-money lenders in the US focused on providing responsive, flexible and reliable personal service to highly qualified and experienced real estate developers who buy, renovate, and sell single family residential real estate and/or multi-family apartment buildings. Recently acquired by Goldman Sacks in 2018, the Company's strategy is to dramatically grow core business nationally and enter adjacent products/markets to achieve $3+billion in originations by 2020.
Under the direction of the Head of Operations, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the management of key projects supporting organizational process improvement or implementation of new systems and/or workflows. Lead the planning and facilitation of project requirements, project plans, budgets, timelines and communications with sponsors and stakeholders.
- Creates and executes comprehensive project plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manages day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of an assigned project.
- Develop methods to monitor project progress and provide updates to sponsors and stakeholders.
- Establish and manage a change control process to insure project stays within the established scope or that changes in scope are approved by the project sponsor.
- Assist in the creation of a project budget and meet budgetary objectives adjusting as required.
- Facilitate project meetings and manage communication between the project team and the project stakeholders.
- Responsible for utilizing an agreed project management methodology focused on meeting project commitments.
- Organize and manage supporting documentation required by the project.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Delivers engaging, informative and well-organized presentations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred.
- Project management experience required. Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience, managing various types of projects related to process improvement or systems implementation.
- Full understanding and experience with the Project Management Life Cycle.
- PMP certification desirable.
- Pro-active, self-starter with high level of organizational ability and attention to detail. Must be able to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively manage time and workload.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and Project Management Software.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with little supervision and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Adaptability to perform well in a changing, fast-paced work environment.
Company Description Genesis Capital is one of the largest private money lenders in the country, focused on providing commercial real estate financing solutions to real estate developers who buy, renovate, and sell single-family residential real estate and/or multi-family apartment buildings. Genesis is a 100% subsidiary of Goldman Sachs (parent company), a global leader in financial services and investment management.