Operation HOPE is seeking a web developer to design, modify and maintain company websites. Analyze user needs to implement website content, graphics, performance, and capacity. The candidate will need to address the full range of programming and database problems and solve them with minimal supervision, as well as create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures in relation to database usage and management. May integrate websites with other computer applications. The individual should feel confident to communicate with development team and supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Develop user friendly and intuitive web enabled front-ends to display reports, graphs, and metrics in support of the team
- Document operational configurations, processes and procedures
- Establish and maintain security and integrity controls
- Address the full range of programming and database problems and solve those problems with minimal supervision
- Identify measurements and methods for gauging database performance
- Ensure availability of database systems
- Create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures in relation to database usage and management
- Troubleshoot and quickly learn new software.
- Integrate designs into a content management system
- Working with the team to define functional end-user requirements and architectural requirements for specified system design
- Using object-oriented analysis and design techniques to design and document the complex specified systems
- Using object-oriented programming techniques to develop, implement, debug and evaluate software using PHP, MySQL, CSS, WordPress and related CMS technologies as needed
- Investigate and resolve database alerts and events, escalating issues as appropriate
- Verifying that systems meet performance criteria
- Review code produced by other programmers
- Ability to work independently but interact well with others in a team environment
- Ability to think creatively and reason logically in developing new approaches, methods and procedures for data management and application design
- Ability to manage several time sensitive deadline oriented projects simultaneously
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENT
- Knowledge of overall LAMP stack experience
- Working knowledge of Windows and Mac OS
- Ability to setup and configure MySQL or other open source database
- Ability to work with front-end framework such as jQuery, Bootstrap, etc.
- Knowledge of version control system
- Proficient in WordPress platform, including a solid grasp of the API and ability to handle installation, backups, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Ruby, Java, Python and Objective-C
- Skilled in pixel perfect frontend coding
- Ability to code configurable and customizable themes and widget
- Experience creating configurable, extensible, and customizable plugins
- Experience with Parallax Scrolling
- Experience with Facebook API, Twitter API, Instagram API, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related fields
- A deep understanding of web development
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented software development
- 5+ Years of web development experience preferred
- 2+ Years of native and web app development experience preferred
Normal office environment, ability to walk, stand, sit, and talk on the phone for long periods of time in a professional manner. Ability to work outside the office. Ability to transport company iPhone, Android, iPad and laptop devices. Have flexibility with working hours, may include being on call for technology related emergency situations if they arise.
Company Description For the past twenty years Operation HOPE has been dedicated to empowering underserved communities through financial literacy. Now, our work encompasses much more than financial education. Our work is about instilling knowledge and confidence in those we serve so they can experience, sometimes for the first time in their lives, financial dignity.