About the role
We're seeking a Corporate Strategy Manager to help us make Chime's most critical strategic decisions. As a member of our lean, but highly visible and impactful Corporate Strategy team, you will utilize data and analytical rigor to create significant long-term business value for Chime. You will map out our competitive landscape, assess critical industry trends, structure complex financial analyses, support fundraising processes, and investigate market and product expansion opportunities. We are looking for someone with demonstrated experience in conducting rigorous industry and company diligence as well as synthesizing complex findings into actionable insights. You will be expected to be a go-to thought leader in the company and help build out the Corporate Strategy team.
This job cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
* Assess Chime's addressable market for current and future products and determine product and unit economics
* Develop and expand Chime's competitive intelligence desk, which provides coverage of the competitive landscape, including both public incumbents and peer consumer Fintech startups
* De-construct competitors' and adjacent fintech peers' strategies, business models, and financial performance
* Develop thought leadership on emerging trends in payments and financial technology, and incumbent business models
* Investigate new product and market expansion opportunities
* Play a key role in preparing the company to successfully complete financing rounds
To thrive in this role, you have
* 7+ years of experience in investment banking, PE / VC / investment management, corporate strategy, corporate development; prior experience at a high-growth technology, payments, or Fintech startup a plus
* Exceptional analytical, research, and quantitative skills; experience with SQL is a plus
* Eagerness to dive deep into the details
* The ability to execute on and lead projects with minimal guidance
* Demonstrated the ability to collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders, cross-functional partners and senior leadership
* Strong understanding of corporate finance principles
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we've empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer