Title: Spec 1, Quality Control
Job Type: Contract
Contract Length: 3-months scheduled, may go longer
• Work hours: initial will be approx 6am-2:30pm; once trained, shift time may be flexible; Overtime may be available once training is complete
• 3 Must haves on the resume: Ideally at least one of the following: QA/Inspection work experience, especially in life sciences; bachelor's degree or laboratory work experience in life science; SAP experience
Responsible for visual inspection of bottled products, components & kits, making sure the vials have correct volume, proper label description, material number, batch number and storage temperature. Review packaging batch records to ensure the correct Technical Data Sheet and any applicable inserts are attached. Review dilution, bottling & packaging processes to ensure all finished products meet specifications prior to releasing products to Finished Goods Inventory or Inventory Control for bottled components. File QA retention samples in QA Retention Sample inventory.
The QA Inspector I will also be responsible for supporting external customers as well as the following internal customers: Operations, Packaging, Production Planning, Technical Product Managers and Inventory Control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. QA inspection of bottled products and kits/sets.
2. SAP Data Entry.
3. Review and verification of completion of batch records and release products to Finished Goods Inventory.
4. Review and verification of raw material supplier documentation and release to inventory.
5. Assist in pulling and maintaining QA retains.
6. Scan completed relevant documents into company archival system.
7. Perform temperature monitoring of QA Freezers.
8. Generate monthly reports.
9. Perform other related duties and assignments as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Detailed-Oriented, can deal with ambiguity, team player & must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision. Fast learner and must have excellent communication skills.
• Computer skills required, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and the use of email. SAP knowledge preferred.
• Requires organizational skills and the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work in different temperature environments such as room temperature, 4C, -20C and -80C.
• Local travel is required for inspection of products at different BD Biosciences - San Diego facilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent. AS degree or college level science courses helpful.
General office, computer data entry, zero to three years QA inspection experience.