CopperPoint Insurance Company has an exciting opportunity for an Underwriter based from our Westlake Village, California office or working remotely in Southern California. The Underwriter is responsible for supporting the short- and long-term business strategies to effectively achieve profit and growth objectives through sound underwriting and effective agency marketing, and engagement with direct channel clientele. The ideal candidate is responsible for partnering and collaborating with their respective Business Development & Distribution representative to drive profitable growth.
* Manages a book of business and territory by analyzing commercial lines accounts to make sound decisions based on individual risk characteristics, exposure analysis, hazard recognition and controls.
* Selects risk and prices business according to company underwriting guidelines that produces profit and growth, while maintaining successful producer relations.
* Successfully develops and maintains agency relationships to ensure a high level of differentiating customer service.
* Communicates with agency personnel on new and renewal proposals, underwriting issues including declinations, cancellations, exposure concerns and loss control survey results.
* Bachelor's degree preferred in a related discipline i.e. Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or Risk Management.
* Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or other insurance related certification a plus
* Minimum of 2 years in underwriting commercial insurance.
* Strong Sales and Marketing skills including the ability to qualify opportunities and close deals.
* Ability to work independently, show initiative, while demonstrating strong collaboration skills in a team environment.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to travel to agency partner's offices located throughout the state of California.
Founded in 1925, CopperPoint Insurance Companies is a leading provider of workers' compensation and commercial insurance solutions. With an expanded Line of insurance products and a growing six-state footprint in the southwestern United States, CopperPoint embodies stability for policyholders in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah. CopperPoint's culture of compassion extends to the community through employee volunteerism, corporate matching, Board service, program sponsorships and in-kind contributions. We empower employees by providing 12-hours of paid volunteer time annually and matching their personal contribution to the charities of their choice up to $500 per year.
CopperPoint offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including major medical, dental, vision and a wide range of competitive benefits programs, generous matching contributions to your 401(k) plan, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and other education benefits and business casual dress. CopperPoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free workplace.