Our client, a growing publicly traded company is looking to hire a Director of External Reporting. This role will oversee preparation and filing of all external reporting (US GAAP, IFRS, and SEC). Great opportunity to make an impact with a growing company in a growing industry. This opportunity offers career advancement, development, and the ability to progress into other roles.
Why Take the Role:
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual environment
- Company is growing like crazy!
- Major player in their industry
- Start-up feel, but publicly traded- so things are not siloed. Very exciting time to be a part of the company
- Young, energetic, and driven team
- Career growth
- Working remotely during Covid
Primary Responsibilities of the Director of External Reporting:
- Owns the preparation and review of external financial reporting (SEC, US GAAP, IFRS), including overseeing preparation of Form 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings including financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, statement of shareholders' equity, and statement of cash flows), footnote disclosures, and MD&A.
- Ensure compliance with SEC reporting rules through the accurate and timely filing of required documents.
- Assist to develop, maintain, and ensure compliance with internal controls related to global accounting policies and new accounting and reporting guidance issued by the FASB and the SEC
- Support the calculation of stock-based compensation and earnings per share
- Assist in preparing senior management and audit committee communications
- Prepare Press Release financials, including GAAP to Non-GAAP reconciliations.
- Assist with software implementation as it related to external reporting
- Continuously strive to enhance and streamline reporting processes and controls
- Assist management in other corporate areas such as financial planning and analysis, investor relations, treasury, acquisition due diligence and purchase accounting.
- Lead and develop staff
Preferred Experience for the Director of External Reporting include:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting
- 10+ years relevant experience, including experience at a Big 4 or Mid-tier public accounting firm
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills