The Company You'll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they've managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.The Team You'll Work With
As a Market Operations Associate on the Liquidity team at Carta, you initially will be responsible for managing tender offer projects under our Transfer Agent, Carta, Inc. The role will evolve into operating CartaX, an issuer centric electronic trading platform offering tailored liquidity solutions for privately held companies, funds, and other fractional assets. You will be responsible for supporting our Issuers, retail and institutional customers' needs as they transact on CartaX from onboarding, through transactions, and ultimately to settlement.The Problems You'll Solve
We are looking for an individual with operations experience that is results-oriented, self-motivated and has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment. The ideal candidate must be able to work closely and professionally with all teams at Carta.
- Manage the lifecycle of liquidity events
- High-touch, high empathy interactions while advocating for Carta
- Provide excellent customer service throughout the entire process with the goal of having a referenceable and repeat client
- Maintain an organized project plan action item list and follow-up with company, law firm and internal teams
- A comprehensive understanding of each project and advise client on how best to implement using Carta systems and features.
- Understand downstream effects of configuration and explain clearly to the client and their law firm
- Answer client and participant inquiries
- Assist in conversion of transfer agent tender offer framework to broker dealer framework.
- Quickly ramp up and execute liquidity events in the broker dealer (Carta Capital Markets, LLC) environment, including tender offers and the Carta Cross
- Engage with all customers to disseminate/collect enhancement requests, open issues, industry knowledge, and business updates
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at . As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in financial markets
- Minimum 2 years of complex project planning and management
- Experience working with and supporting clients
- Series 7 and 63 or willingness to obtain within 3 months of hire date
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative nature with strong intellectual curiosity
- Ability to solve problems in high pressure, time-sensitive, and demanding situations
- Committed to the highest levels of integrity, ethics, and professionalism