Supervise and review the work of the finance staff as they prepare, analyze, reconcile, develop, maintain, verify, and review accounting, budget, forecasts, cost, and financial information provided to various levels of The Polyclinic. This could include the Board of Directors and its various committees, regulatory associations, and agencies applying United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Internal Revenue Code and Regulations, and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) as required. Be actively involved in day-to-day operations of The Polyclinic and the Finance Department. Supervise and provide leadership to analysts on the physician compensation team. Prepare reviews on an annual basis for direct reports and provide input for annual reviews of the Finance staff.
- Under the direction of the Finance Manager and CFO, lead in the development, implementation, and maintenance of physician compensation systems and software.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of Finance team members related to primary responsibilities.
- Perform complex accounting functions including fiscal interpretation and analysis requiring full professional competency.
- Manage projects for system upgrades, accounting reporting changes, and other assigned projects.
- Manage and perform month-end close key statistic reporting.
- Provide leadership, development, supervision, direction, and training to Finance team members.
- Cross train staff members and review their work for accuracy and compliance to Polyclinic standards.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and analysis.
- Perform financial analyses and modeling.
- Lead in compiling information and preparing physician compensation surveys.
- Review analysis and modeling prepared by staff.
- Create and maintain monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reports requested by CFO, administration, physicians, or managers.
- Verify expense and revenue distribution according to company procedures.
- Under direction of the Finance manager, supports financial planning activities including annual physician compensation pool budget preparation.
- Assist practice managers and ancillary managers with analyses of procedures and services.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer with other financial reports and projects.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Work as a team member within the finance department, and with other Polyclinic departments.
- Perform other similar duties as required or assigned.
Education: Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Over ten years of accounting reporting experience, preferably in a medical provider environment.
- Financial analysis skills, development of pro formas.
- Able to work with financial and analytical computer applications.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Demonstrated effective leadership ability
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and to maintain multiple projects with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated project implementation skills.
- Demonstrated extensive advanced personal computer skills and experience through database and worksheet applications: Great Plains, Crystal Reports, and Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Ability to effectively review the work of others. Ability to delegate to and train other staff members.
- Finance office staff
- Business Office staff
- Managed Care staff and Director of Physicians Care Network
- Material Management staff
- Chief Financial Officer, Controller, and Finance Manager
- Administration, Directors, Managers, and Supervisors
- Medical Organizations (Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), American Medical Group Association (AMGA), and Washington Medical Group Management Association (WMGMA)
- Multi-Specialty Clinics
- Computer software and application vendors
- Others as required
- Must be able to sit for long periods working at a computer.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to be dependable and maintain a cooperative attitude.
- Good oral and written command of the English Language.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as may be required.
- Must be able to take direction from the accounting managers and CFO.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers in a team environment.