Primary support for the Director, Finance for Medical Affairs business units. Main point of contact for all the project finance / accounting, invoicing, project balance sheet reconciliations, and other ad-hoc financial aspects of the client experience with Ashfield Engage.
This is your opportunity to join Ashfield Engage and represent a top biotechnology company!
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Benefits - accrued time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k, disability & life insurance, employee discounts/promotions
- Competitive environment with company wide recognition, contests and coveted awards
- Exceptional company culture
- Recognized as a Top Workplace USA 2021
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for the monthly preparation of client invoices and finance partner with Client Account Directors, Managers and Coordinators to ensure invoices adhere to Client Contracts, SOW's and Change Orders for assigned client accounts.
- Coordinate the retention of client MSAs, SOWs, purchase orders, and track billings against purchase orders in business unit playbook.
- Develops and manages relationship with team members and clients to identify their needs and recommend potential courses of action in relation to financial matters.
- Establishes trust and credibility with clients and team members by quickly and accurately responding to their needs, always following up and following through, and delivering quality work.
- Collect information quickly and efficiently, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant information; also notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in information and proactively seeks out information to fill in the gaps.
- Prepare and post journal entries in accordance with GAAP/IFRS for revenue recognition, accrued/deferred income and expense accruals.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for the business unit teams assigned along with maintaining monthly, quarterly and annual project reconciliations for clients.
- Manage and own full P&L responsibility for business units assigned.
- Improve project financial profitability by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends and areas for margin improvements.
- Prepare monthly & YTD P&L variance summaries with commentary identifying project opportunities or risk.
- Responsible for researching and resolving assigned clients' outstanding & aging A/R collections.
- Assist Director of Finance with preparation of annual client budgets and monthly forecast preparation.
- Provide support as necessary to internal and external auditors.
- Assist pricing proposals for new business opportunities.
- Identifies process improvement for analysis and other areas and makes suggestions for action.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What do you need for this position?
- Bachelor Degree required with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant finance experience
- Experience with billing to contracts and budget estimates and assembling periodic reconciliations to billing
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively across various levels of management within a large, geographically diverse, matrix organization
- Strong organizational and planning skills in order to establish priorities and utilize available resources to meet strict deadlines
- Perform duties with high-level of responsibility and minimal supervision
- Advanced Excel skills (Data Analysis) - (V-Lookup's, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP Finance system.
- Is driven to accomplish more than is necessary. Seeks to exceed established standards.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to organizational growth and change.
- Strong, quality and customer service orientation.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
About Ashfield Engage
Ashfield Engage, part of UDG Healthcare plc, is a global leader in commercialization services for the healthcare industry. We partner with our clients across Advisory, Healthcare Communications, Commercial, Patient Solutions and Medical Affairs to build creative, scalable and tailored health solutions that are executed flawlessly, to deliver positive outcomes for patients.
Our mission is to partner with our clients, improving lives by helping healthcare professionals and patients get the medicines, knowledge and support they need.
To learn more about Ashfield Engage, visit us at:
Ashfield Engage is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Ashfield are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Ashfield will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ashfield Engage is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.