INTEGRIS Edmond is Growing. Be apart of the Nursing Administration Team
RN Administrative Supervisor
Job Code: 1874
The RN Administrative Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of patient services for assigned shift, assumes administrative and admission functions in the absence of the Administrator and Director of Clinical Services IMH secures medications from the pharmacy. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The RN Administrative Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Meets new patients and has on-going awareness of patient mental and physical status
• Coordinates after-hours admissions, discharges and transfers of patients
• Updates report book with pertinent information and provides written communication for Administration and Patient Services on a daily basis
• Assists in Performance Improvement Audits and conducts or provides oversight of audits as assigned
• Audits patient charts for H&Ps, lab and x-ray, activity therapy, assessments, family therapy, group therapy, drug utilization review
• Completes pharmacy charges
• Develops and assumes implementation of staff development program, and provides input in performance evaluations as requested
Reports to the Administrator Inpatient Services.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
Mental Health staff must be able to assist with physical restraint of patients, utilizing the identified Behavior Management Technique System.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals, and physical danger from disturbed/ irate patients. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state
• Bachelors degree preferred
• 2 years experience in a health care setting
• 3 years management experience preferred; 1 year in mental health preferred.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
• This job requires the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.