The Opportunity Delaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring friendly Casual Dine Concessions Stand Attendants to join our team at Buffalo Airport, New York. As a Concessions Stand Attendant you will play an important role in the travel experience for our guests at Buffalo Airport.
---Drop in this language after The Opportunity Section-- Pay: Starting at $15.50/Hour + $300 Sign-on Bonus! Full Time Employee Total Rewards Package:
Delaware North believes in a total rewards package that helps us recruit and retain the best associates in the industry. We have a comprehensive benefits program designed to give our associates the comfort, safety and stability they need to serve our guests each and every day. Below is a listing of many of our benefits:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Shift Differential
- Paid Meals
- Paid time off including personal Holidays, Holidays, sick days and vacation
- Paid Parking
- Assign duties to scheduled staff.
- Perform some service tasks, such as clearing tables, serving food and drinks, seating guests, and cashier duties when necessary.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
- Greet guests, escort them to their seats, and present them with menus and wine lists.
- Assist Restaurant Manager with staff trainings and compliance.
- Monitor daily and hourly cleaning.
- Assist Manager in execution of special events and large parties.
- Manage labor and profit loss.
- Assures prompt, professional service during shift to all guests.
- Ensures proper cash handling and tip record keeping for shift.
- Ensure associates are kept informed of any changes of policies or events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a restaurant.
- At least two years supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work without direct supervision, and eager to be challenged and initiate projects and opportunities.
- Must be able to implement rules and direct staff.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service and employee relation skills.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Bartending experience preferred. At the very least, the knowledge of spirit types, basic mixed drinks, and basic wine varieties
- Frequent standing, walking, and some sitting.
- Requires some bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling.
- May require pushing or pulling.
- A high level of climbing, stooping, lifting, reaching and pushing concentration and attention to detail is required.
- Hearing ability sufficient to respond to the spoken voice.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to grasp/handle guest items and various equipment.
- Occasionally required to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
Who We Are At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.