All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.Overview
The MS&T Scientist I will support the Company in the development and optimization of manufacturing processes, improving them, and increasing the scale. The goal is to develop processes that optimize the product yield and minimize the cost of production. These products include injectables and nasal/sublingual sprays. Responsibilities
• Utilize and apply knowledge of basic scientific principles, theories, and concepts to develop solutions to problems of moderate complexity.
• Conduct experiments at small and medium scale.
• Understand, keep current and apply current technology to include cGMP, sterile manufacturing techniques.
• Develop manufacturing processes for clinical, registration and commercial batches and actively participate in engineering batch executions.
• Prepare manufacturing records, SOPs, technical protocols, and reports.
• Use statistical process control and other statistical tools for comparison and hypothesis testing. Apply engineering, pharmaceutical sciences or materials sciences fundamentals to model the product and process to solve complex technical problems.
• Prepare and organize data for training, and meetings.
• Help in laboratory investigations and prepare and communicate deviations and CAPAs as needed.
• Work closely with customers and internal departments to ensure the efficient progress of projects.
• Help resolve any technical challenges that are associated with full-scale commercial production.
• Understand and comply with all Company safety, environmental and quality practices and procedures as outlined in organizational/departmental guidelines and SOPs as well as applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Represent the department in interactions with other departments as well as internal and external clients in various settings such as meetings, teleconferences, e-mails, printed reports, etc.
- Strengthen inter-departmental relationships at the Individual Contributor level.
Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Engineering or Natural Sciences required with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry