Responsible for maintaining and promoting hospitality at all times; welcoming and serving our guests in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner. The Houseman will be responsible for assisting the housekeeping attendants in removal of linens, cleanliness of our guest room, hallways, and public areas. They will be responsible for stripping rooms and the cleaning of all dirty linens for the hotel. They will responsible for delivering amenities upon guest's request. Houseman will perform set-up and striking of banquet rooms to include moving furniture as well as assist Banquet Captain in banquet event duties.
· Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory according to hotel and brand standards
· Bilingual is a plus
· Available to work flexible schedule including AM/PM shifts and weekends
· Ability to regularly lift and move up up to 50 lbs.
· Open to cross-training and assisting in other departments as necessary
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Clean all corridors, service areas, meeting spaces, and main lobby areas
· Move and arrange furniture, including but not limited to: flipping mattresses when necessary; removing, moving, or hanging drapes;
· Clean laundry chute of any dirty laundry
· Provide necessary linen and amenities to guests in accordance to guest room legend
· Greeting any and all guests i.e. Good Morning or Good Evening
· Report any damage, hazards, repairs required in guest room and hallways
· Abide by the regulations set forth by the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) when using chemicals
· Return any items found in vacant guest rooms, hallways, or back of house to the housekeeping lost and found
· Restock cart at end of shift and organize linen closet to prepare for the next day
· Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, room locations, and amenities of the hotel
· Complete any other related task given by manager
· Set up banquet meeting rooms; requires lifting and moving furniture according to direction given by sales team and banquet captain.