Sales oriented and community focused Hotel General Manager sought to lead one of El Paso's newest and most stylish destinations. Opened in 2018, the Courtyard El Paso Downtown/Convention Center offers a welcoming state-of-the-art lobby and 145 spacious guest rooms. The Bistro, the hotel's elegant but casual restaurant, is located in the heart of the lobby.
Success in this role will be determined by consistently achieving budgeted results and strong financial flow through while always focusing on our most important asset, our associates. Additional measurements for one's success will be guest service scores/feedback and associate opinion survey results. All metrics must coincide; one cannot be deemed effective without achieving all of these key measurables.
Additional Key Areas of Focus:
* Embrace and ensure achievement of the property vision through well thought-out strategies and actions and by engaging all associates
* Actively support the community to better serve our guests, our team members, and the greater good
* Consistently deliver accurate forecasting and timely adjustments as required in staffing and other cost centers to ensure profit integrity
* Overall financial oversight and support of the accounting function
* Demonstrate constructive owner relations by building appropriate rapport, communicating effectively and managing to achieve results to meet expectations.
Required Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
* Team-oriented and people-centric
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Quantifiable track record of past success
* Strategic thinker as it relates to business and revenue planning and development
* Ability to direct marketing and sales efforts to constantly position property as a compset leader
* Capable of gathering/analyzing competitive market intelligence
* Experience as a GM, AGM, Director of Operations or other key leadership role within a full-service branded or non-branded environment is required (Marriott brand and systems experience would be helpful)
* Ideal candidate will be located in and/or have experience leading hotel operations in the El Paso market
* A Bachelor's degree is not required but greatly preferred