Visible Alpha is transforming the way Wall Street firms collaborate on research, financial models and corporate access events by providing breakthrough tools for discovery, analysis and valuation. Visible Alpha has a growing client base with $17 trillion in AUM, more than 600 research providers contributing content and over 500 employees globally. The company is backed by some of the largest banks in the world, including Banco Santander, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citi, Exane BNP Paribas, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Jefferies, Macquarie Group, Morgan Stanley, Royal Bank of Canada, UBS and Wells Fargo.
Visible Alpha is looking for an entrepreneurial and new business-focused seasoned sales professional with a background selling to the Hedge Funds and/or Institutional Asset Managers ideally selling Data & Analytical Services to the buy-side and sell-side. The candidate would be interested in capitalizing on a relatively new, green-field opportunity selling the Visible Alpha platform. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
* Desire to generate significant new business revenue selling SaaS / Financial Services products to institutional asset managers and hedge funds.
* Network and build relationships with the investment industry
* Experience in driving, negotiating, and closing sophisticated sales and executing competitor displacements
* Ability to collaborate with marketing, customer service, and product management
* Strong financial knowledge and understanding of the investment research process on the buy-side
* Deliver an effective pitch and technology demonstration to customers while working effectively with colleagues and team members to communicate customer needs, product requirements, and competitive gaps
* 3+ years of sales experience selling/closing sell-side fundamental research, data, or analytics to the Institutional Asset Management, Hedge Fund, Investment Banking or Corporate space
* Product experience in data & analytical solutions focused on equity capital markets required; experience with data & analytics used in the equity research process a plus.
* Desire to sell bottom-up (user-by-user) and top-down (C-Level). Motivated by bottom-up selling with comfort in managing C-Level conversations.
* History of meeting & exceeding revenue targets.
* Motivated to manage each stage of the pipeline including prospecting, demonstrations, managing trials, and closing business.
* BA/BS Degree; CFA, or desire to obtain the CFA designation, preferred but not required