About the Company: MariMed, Inc. is a publicly traded cannabis company that operates cultivation, processing, retail, and a portfolio of branded products across multiple states. National consumer brands include Nature's Heritage™, Kalm Fusion™, and Betty's Eddies™, with more forthcoming.
Job Type: Full time
Location: Norwood, Massachusetts
Reporting to: Brand Director
MariMed is seeking a creative, detail-oriented, and tech-savvy individual with excellent story-telling skills and brand intelligence to represent our product brands on multiple social media platforms. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and communicating content that creates an interactive relationship between consumers and our national brands to engage and increase users. The successful candidate will also be required to collect and review social media data, make suggestions to develop more effective campaigns, and communicate market feedback to the Product and Marketing teams to address consumer needs.
What We're Looking For:
- Expertise in creating, scheduling, and monitoring multiple social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Creative skills in content creation, including photography, video, graphics, and copywriting
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience in representing brands with distinct visual identities and brand voices
- Cannabis product knowledge and industry experience
What You'll Do:
- Develop social media campaigns that support brand building, product marketing, and sales goals across all social channels
- Manage both official and state-specific handles and accounts for our growing portfolio of national brands, which today include Nature's Heritage, Kalm Fusion, and Betty's Eddies
- Develop and curate photos, unique graphics, videos and other creative, engaging content
- Communicate in each brand's voice following collaboratively created guidelines
- Engage with users and provide customer service when needed, including fielding complaints and coordinating with various departments to resolve requests
- Create methods for finding and saving online customer comments and reviews, and report data back to the product team to develop appropriate responses and/or engagement
- Develop monthly reports on emerging social media trends that will be submitted to management to shape our ongoing strategy and compare with competitor strategies
- Monitor competitive social accounts and report insights that contribute to competitive analysis
- Maintain regular communication with Marketing and Corporate Communications team to streamline PR requests and field sensitive consumer questions
- Analyze the long-term needs of the company's social media strategy and offer quarterly reports to manager that outline any necessary changes to the digital marketing plan
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and/or Communications
- 2+ years of experience simultaneously managing social media for multiple business accounts, active within the past 6 months
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills for various formats and character limits
- Exceptional photography, graphic design, and layout skills
- Exceptional people skills and high emotional intelligence for interacting with customers
- Exceptional judgement in messaging highly emotional situations
- Exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Experience managing social advertising campaigns and budgets
- Experience with Canva, Lightroom, Photoshop, Boomerang, and other content creation apps/tools to create custom images and edit video
- Experience with Hubspot or other social content management platforms
- Must be able to provide customer service and communicate with various departments to develop solutions
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the challenges and limitations specific to cannabis brands
- Must be able to assume different voices and pivot between them consistently and with care
- Must furnish examples of content you'd developed and/or social accounts that you've managed in the past, with references
- Cannabis industry experience preferred
Please include samples of work and results.
We look forward to learning about you!