JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Specialist
REPORTS TO: Accountant
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Maintain and update records of financial transactions in the company financial statements. Establish accounts and post transactions.
GENERAL DUTIES: (This list may not include all the duties assigned)
* Process Accounts Receivable including direct deposits, weekly cash deposits and payments received on invoice.
* Process Accounts Payable.
* Maintain A/P vendor files in Abila.
* Take the weekly deposit to the bank.
* Verify petty cash and change funds.
* File all financial records accurately and timely.
* Understand the agency capitalization policy and process fixed asset additions accordingly.
* Research and address any payroll, leave balance, earning code, deduction code or other software implementation errors within the system.
* Assist with all financial audits.
* Participate in month-end close procedures as assigned.
* Provide excellent customer service by responding promptly to requests for additional information.
* Uphold Western Sierra Medical Clinic's Policies and Procedures, infection control standards, applicable state, federal and local laws.
* Quality Improvement Duties:
a. Participates in quality improvement activities;
b. Participates as assigned in interdepartmental quality improvement team efforts; and
c. Contributes to overall Community Health Center efforts in quality improvement towards higher-quality, more cost-effective health care for patients and improved quality of work-life for staff members.
* Skills: Basic accounting skills, knowledge of GAAP, Attention to Detail, Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
* Education: 3-5 years of bookkeeping experience.
Other Skills and Experience Preferred:
1. Experience with not-for-profit accounting
2. Experience with accounting in a healthcare environment
3. Computer literate (familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
4. MIP Accounting Software experience a plus.