Title: Lead Chemist
Reports to: Product Development Manager, ADTS
Location: Composite Intermediates Facility, St. Peters, MO
Date Posted: April 8, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop sizing compounds for various forms of Zoltek fibers compatible with all resins (thermoplastic and thermoset) that are appropriate for large volume marketplace
* Support the testing of raw materials and final product within Zoltek for physical, chemical and thermal properties.
* Intellectual property evaluation and summary
* Resin screening, Interface, structure-property
* Extrusion and injection molding
* Product safety/stewardship
* Coordinated customer qualification programs, providing logistical and on-site support to ensure smooth execution per intended parameters
* Develop strong working relationships with customers (internal and external), vendors, and key industrial, academic, and governmental institutional partners
* Establish material characterization capabilities within the Composite Intermediates & Technical Center facility
* Coordinate activities of direct reports within the ADTS group
* Other ad-hoc assignments as requested by manager
Important obligations & responsibilities:
The employee is obliged to keep the rules and regulations within the Company. These cover all the general (labor safety, fire safety and protection, environmental protection, protection of property, disaster management, collective agreement etc.) rules and regulations, as well as such internal instructions and regulations which have been issued by the Employer.
The Employee acknowledges that he/she is obliged to keep the confidential information he/she learned during and after his/her employment. Confidentiality of information means that giving out any information to a third party is only possible with a written permission of the authorized leader.Confidentiality of information also means that it is strictly prohibited to record any sound or video on the Company's premises or to bring in any device suitable of recording to the Company's premises. The Company regulates the rules of treating confidential information separately. If the employee has any questions regarding the fulfillment of this obligation, he/she shall contact his direct superior for guidance.
* Bachelors or master's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or biochemistry required
5-10 years' experience with the following:
* Injection molding and compounding strongly preferred
* Product stewardship preferred
* Developing sizing for glass fiber and/or carbon fiber preferred
* Mechanical properties of composites preferred
* Experience with intellectual properties preferred
* Mechanical properties testing, reporting, and data analysis preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, and prolonged periods of sitting.
* Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The work environments characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Office environment
* Laboratory environment
* At times, the employee may be exposed to a plant environment, which contains noise, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
Zoltek is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status.