The objective of this position is to procure products for a portfolio of high volume, transactional global direct materials commodities. The Buyer will assist a Commodity Manager and the fast-paced, customer-focused position will require close working relationships with manufacturing leaders, planners, inventory control and business management professionals.
- Coordinates Direct Materials purchasing activities in SAP, inclusive of part numbers on Purchase Orders, with plant manufacturing and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Effectively works with Accounts Payable teams to rectify any supplier payment issues.
- Acquires and maintains technical understanding of products purchased. Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities.
- Monitors the cost, delivery schedule and scope of materials to assure highest quality at best value. Assists in supplier performance management reviews.
- Ability to interact with peers and customers to gain cooperation of others and build productive internal/external working relationships.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations (state regulations, ISO 9000, ISO 14000, etc) as well as client policies and procedures.
-Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Logistics, General Management, Economics, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Systems Engineering.
-Proficient knowledge in Supply Chain Management
-Strong team leader and contributor, comfortable working cross-functionally.
-High energy, driven and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish and implement new approaches.
-Exceptional problem solving and project management skills.
-Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
-Capable of capturing and transforming an idea/concept into a business opportunity, and delivering positive results.
3-5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment