Are you interested in joining an industry leader that designs and delivers engineering solutions for national defense and security? Alion Science and Technology is a company in transformation, driving double-digit growth and taking share in the industry. We are seeking a talented, energetic and bright individual to join our team. Are you are ready to take the next step and become a member of a diverse and dynamic finance team? Then apply and see how far you can go with Alion as a Senior Project Controller!
The Senior Project Controller participates in the planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of performance on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity and level of risk. The Senior Project Controller is a key member of the program team to help define the project's goals and objectives; and recommends actions to improve progress and performance. The role will have significant interface with Program/Project Managers, senior technical staff, as well as other functional organizations including contracts, finance, accounts receivable, subcontract management and procurement.
- Provide cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring and analysis support to Program Managers including Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and development of time-phased budgets and schedules.
- Lead project set up in compliance with contractual terms, conditions and requirements.
- Prepare program financial Estimates at Complete (EAC) and meet deadlines for submission requirements.
- Identify project risks and opportunities and provide analytical contribution in working resolution with PM, Contracts, Procurement and Finance/Accounting.
- Monitor costs and manpower on a weekly basis ensuring that actuals are within budget and charged to the correct job number. Process cost transfers as required.
- Perform analytical review and arithmetic checks of cost reporting documentation.
- Prepare accurate and complete variance analysis and reporting.
- Prepare forecasting data - quarterly and rolling.
- Prepare/Support Internal Program Review (IPR) presentations for management.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis on the contract as requested by PMO and others.
- Monitor funding status, providing reliable and timely notification of funding status by line item detail as required.
- Support accounts receivable as required during the billing processing. Monitor billing status and unbilled issues, working with Finance, Contracts, Accounting and PMO to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare subcontractor and vendor accruals as services/goods are received in accordance with GAAP and internal policies to ensure that the project cost/commitment is accurately captured and reported internally and externally.
- Ensure program revenue and profit is recorded in compliance with the EAC.
- Analyze profit risks and opportunities and advise management on the optimal path forward.
- Ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley, FAR and all company policies and procedures as they related to contract performance and financials.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Program Management related field plus 5 to 7 years of Program Control or related and progressive experience with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline is required. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for comparable work experience.
- 5+ years of Program Control or related experience is required.
- Candidates must possess a strong background working with multiple government contract types: FFP, FPI, FPLOE, T&M, CPAF, CPFF, CPIF, and hybrid contracts.
- Expertise in Excel and overall MS Office suite and a working knowledge of relevant software applications, including JAMIS and others.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines.
- Must be analytical, possess excellent communication and presentation skills and have the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
Security Clearance: None