1. Responsible for installing, programming, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining complex voice products and applications. May focus on more complex installation and upgrade projects, service, moves/ adds/changes (MAC).
2. Works with and advises customer on future projects, special requirements and upgrades including any upcoming maintenance concerns.
3. Performs technical service from moves/adds/changes (MACs) through implementation and support of VoIP-TDM systems and associated software, including call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response.
4. Maintains and completes required documentation and records including timely closing of service tickets.
5. Interfaces with customer contacts to resolve problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
6. Implements and monitors voice system preventive maintenance per schedule.
7. May perform crossover support for cabling/data technicians.
8. Responds to assigned cases by troubleshooting mechanical, hardware, software, and system failures using various devices to repair product and ensure proper performance.
9. Performs installation of parts and peripheral equipment for communications systems, both voice and data, as required. Programs telecommunication equipment using PC or phone based software.
1. Excellent problem solving, decision making, and organizational skills.
2. Minimum 2-year relevant industry experience, past PBX, NEC, MITEL experience a plus.
3. Ability to follow standard instructions consistently and pay attention to detail.
4. Excellent customer service and communication skills including follow up and interpersonal skills.
5. Strong technical knowledge of related products and applications such as voice over internet protocol, call management systems, and network technologies.
6. Strong knowledge in the use of relevant technical tools and test equipment such as LAN/WAN, VoIP systems and associated software, including call management systems, contact center voice mail, interactive voice response (IVR), and network routers, switches and firewalls.