This role is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll (weekly, bi-weekly, and semi-monthly) and employee wage garnishments in multiple states. In addition, the role is responsible to prepare general ledger entries and complete account reconciliations associated with payroll processing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of biweekly, weekly or semi-monthly payroll cycle in a multi-state environment.
- Processing of wage garnishments and support orders in a timely and accurate manner adhering to state law.
- Prepares and creates general ledger entries and reconciles accounts monthly.
- Creates files, balances and processes biweekly, weekly or semi-monthly general ledger files for SAP posting.
- Prepares notification letters for terminated employees with end date or paid in full status. Update garnishment and support orders status in PeopleSoft.
- Assists field management and HQ departments with payroll inquiries and following through to resolution of the issue.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of employee final pay and missed hours.
- Provides problem resolution for vendor pay card issues for assigned locations.
- Audits coworkers' employee data changes for accuracy.
- Responsible for the accurate set up of support orders in PeopleSoft.
- Responsible for record reconciliation and payroll data.
- Complete special projects and other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years payroll processing experience required.
- Basic knowledge of US Federal, State and Local taxes.
- Previous hands-on work experience with an HRIS system such as PeopleSoft is desired.
- Account reconciliation and general ledger experience preferred.
- Garnishment processing experience desired.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient PC/spreadsheet skills required.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills in the interpretation of data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
In this role, the employee is continuously sitting and typing, frequently talking and using eye and hand coordination and may also be required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move objects up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Standing, walking, bending over, and repetitive use of legs are done occasionally. All performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. TA Operating LLC reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the incumbent or TA Operating LLC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.