Symmons is seeking an experienced HR Generalist who will work as part of our small HR team. Ideal candidate would have prior experience in core HR functional areas e.g. recruitment & onboarding, employment law compliance, HCM management, and training & development.
The ideal candidate must be a natural self-starter with a passion to be very consultative, share knowledge and find solutions. Always focused on using progressive HR applications that can improve efficiency and create solutions for our customers. The HR Generalist position will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities which will assist the company to plan and administer important HR functions. This role is a hybrid role requiring both in person and some remote capabilities.
• Lead talent acquisition and recruitment process for all open full-time and temporary positions. Understand progressive trends in recruitment and sourcing. Navigate applicant tracking system to process queue of requisitions. Work with hiring managers on sourcing strategies, job descriptions and creating postings to attract the best talent. Manage external job board relationships.
• Work with external agencies on the sourcing of temporary employees.
• First point of contact for all new hires, local and remote, including New Employee Orientation, Onboarding and Benefits Enrollment.
• Respond to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries. Plan and organize annual Benefit Open Enrollment.
• Perform monthly benefit invoice reconciliations.
• Manage communications including updating Team Member Intranet site.
• Assist team members and managers on inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Coordinate social calendar of events for employees and manage the activities that make them successful.
• Work with the Director of HR on projects which may include cross-functional team members.
• Coordinate roundtable meetings.
• Personnel management of org charts and employee files.
• 3-5 years of HR Generalist experience; Bachelor's Degree required
• SHRM-CP certification of PHR certification a plus
• Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, change management, performance management, federal and state employment laws
• Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
• Proven success of collaborative engagement throughout all levels in the organization. Focused on building strong relationships and motivated by being an employee champion and change agent.
• Previous experience with applicant tracking systems, HCM/HRIS systems such as Paycom, UKG and iCIMS a plus.
• Strong computer skills required; proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Microsoft Outlook
• A demonstrated track record of deepening cross-functional relationships and delivering results.
• Sitting at a workstation utilizing a computer for up to 8 hours a day
• Standing and/or walking for up to 8 hours a day
• Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Symmons Industries is a premier manufacturer of commercial and residential plumbing products, setting the standard for quality in plumbing fittings since 1939. From the pioneering development of our pressure balancing anti-scald shower valve, to our expansive range of exceptional customized Design Studio products for the kitchen and bath - we have maintained an unrivaled commitment to quality materials, superior engineering and solid workmanship. As an industry leader, Symmons continues to innovate within the custom fittings category, creating distinctive design solutions for premium hospitality and condominium projects. Pairing reliable behind the wall technology with stylish and durable products in front of the wall, Symmons is truly the smart choice in plumbing. Headquartered in Braintree, MA, Symmons is a privately-held company with regional sales offices and local representatives located throughout the United States and Canada. For more information please visit .
Symmons offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and a 401k plan with 100% match up to the first 6% of eligible wages with immediate vesting.
Please submit your application/resume at: