Peraton Corporation has a great opportunity for a Flight Safety Watch Stander supporting our government customer in Chantilly, VA.Responsibilities What you'll do...
In this role, an entry-level professional with a desire to learn and work within the overhead collection enterprise will provide operational support to mission critical systems including performing orbital and radio frequency analysis, then prepare and translate technical terms into non-technical terms for reports to customer and senior leadership. Works collaboratively in an operations environment under only very general direction independently determines and develops approaches to solutions in a high tempo environment. Troubleshoot minor hardware and software errors. This position requires 24/7 support, via 12-hour rotational shifts.Qualifications You'd be a great fit if...
It would be even better if you...
- You have Astrodynamics orbit analyst education or experience
- You have a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in a technical field
- You are able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance and maintain the clearance.
What you'll get...
- Have one (1) year of Astrodynamics orbit analyst education or experience
- Have one (1) year of satellite or space operations experience
- Have experienced using Perl scripts, STK, Matlab, Microsoft Office products, especially Powerpoint and Access.
- Have a Master's Degree (or equivalent) in a technical field
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to i nfluence major initiatives
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.EEO Statement
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.