The Internal Medicine Research Unit (IMRU) is committed to pursuing a deep mechanistic understanding of metabolic diseases including Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) and Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH). This role will focus on basic mechanistic science with the ultimate goal of identifying novel therapies for NAFLD/NASH. The aim is to recruit a scientifically and technically strong research scientist proficient in in vivo and in vitro metabolic research. Our goal is to build a research team of driven scientists focused on the metabolic pathways driving NAFLD and NASH.Responsibilities
The successful candidate is expected to lead basic scientific research into pertinent biological questions for internal programs. The candidate should possess strong technical skills in the areas of rodent handling, dietary rodent models of obesity and diabetes and experimental design. Proficiency in cell culture techniques is desired and experience with primary hepatocyte culture is preferred but not required. An advanced understanding of the underlying causes of metabolic disease, hepatosteatosis and basic metabolic pathways is essential as the candidate will be responsible for developing and leading the experimental strategy supporting their work.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Perform in vivo experiments to address key mechanistic and pharmacological scientific questions.
- Have experience with rodent handling, dosing and mouse genetics.
- Be proficient with cell culture techniques. Primary hepatocyte cell culture experience is preferred.
- Apply scientific and technical expertise to experimental design and the interpretation of results.
- Have basic laboratory skills in the area of quantitative PCR, molecular biology, western blotting, biochemical assays, molecular biology and rodent genetics.
- Maintain a 'cutting edge' awareness of the literature as well as preclinical scientific and technical developments.
- Ability to present at both internal and external meetings.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
- PhD with a minimum of 2 years of post-doc experience, with a successful track record of scientific achievements demonstrated by scientific publications and presentations.
- Possess strong written/verbal communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with scientists working in other disciplines including chemistry, drug metabolism, drug safety and clinical medicine.
- Drug discovery experience preferred but is not essential
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.