- Follow up with any recommendations made to the PCP to ensure all physician changes have been implemented
- Consistently assists and maintains a safe work environment
- Implements appropriate age specific interventions to all Mastercare clients as assigned or requested
- Provides safety and care education to clients and their families as needed.
- Safely and appropriately intervenes in all emergency situations
- Effectively communicates with clients to ensure they understand the care they are receiving.
- Effectively communicates with the other healthcare staff of Mastercare to ensure total continuity of care.
- Safely and effectively operates medical equipment necessary to care of clients per individual PCP
- Meet with supervisors to discuss employee any client issues,
- Daily, Monthly and Quarterly reports
- Continually serves as point of contact for clients and Service Supervisors
- Serves as a resource and participates in training and orientation of other staff as necessary
- Other duties necessary or required
Under the direct supervision of the Service Supervisor, the Personal Assistant (Chore) is responsible for the care of a registered Mastercare client in the privacy of the clients own home. Care Associate will visit the client's home and perform quality, compassionate care within scope of clients care plan.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- One (1) year experience in: Hospital, LTC facility or home care within the last two (2) years
- Must complete Mastercare's pre-employment and new hire process
- Pass a physical examination after being offered employment and health assessment annually thereafter
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. (Some employees may be hired to care for another Nationality will be required to read, write and speak for the Nationality for which they are hired i.e. Japanese Clients)
- Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the Field Supervisor an changes in the clients condition
- Must be emotionally stable and able to display a caring attitude toward clients and their medical needs
- Must have available, reliable transportation to and from assignments
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position, including lifting a minimum of 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
- The position requires frequent bending, stooping, crouching, sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and any movements associated with a normal home care client.
- Must be able to see and read printed materials.
- The position requires the abilities to communicate and interact with clients, supervisors, employees, and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Employees will be scheduled to meet the needs of Mastercare Clients within their home environments
- Working with clients in their homes, employees could be exposed to blood borne pathogens and body fluids
- Employees must utilize personal protective equipment when providing personal care where there risk to exposure to blood borne pathogens and body fluids
- Employees may be subject to unrestrained pets, clutter, or poor lighting and performing duties in homes with no air conditioning/ventilation
- Follow current written plan of care as established by Service Supervisor
- Assists in making their clients’ lives easier and more comfortable
- Light housekeeping including but not limited to, dusting and vacuuming, changing linens/bed-making, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, and laundry of client only
- Plans and prepares meals for client
- Assists in grocery shopping as needed
- Provides companionship and emotional support
- Assists and escorts to and from appointments / errands
- Assist and escorts to recreational events & outings. Participates in activities and functions as directed
- Helps maintain medication schedules
- Communicates effectively both verbally and written with other staff, management and clients
- Collects, reports and documents services provided in an accurate and timely manner
- Report changes in the client’s condition, concerns, or incidents to the Service Supervisor in a timely manner
- Notifies Service Supervisor when clarification or education of a task is required
- Submits timecards/ activity sheet in a timely manner (i.e. weekly)
- Implements appropriate safety and infection control practices
- Other duties as necessary or required and deemed appropriate by the Service Supervisor
PA’s are not Allowed to:
- Perform tasks not written in the Care Plan
- Provide any type of skilled nursing care for clients including cutting client nails
- Pour or administer medication
- Give medical or legal advice
- Provide service for family members of the client
- Handle client’s checkbook or finances
- Accepts gifts or gratuities; or payment for services
- Eat client’s food
- Do household repairs for client
- Do yard work for client
- Bring guests to a client’s home
- Transport (i.e. drive) clients without prior approval from the office
- Change or cancel shift by notifying the client; always contact the Staffing Coordinator or Mastercare Office