There is increasing demand for information from observational studies by regulatory and reimbursement authorities. The Center for Observational Research (CfOR) was created to address this imperative. This CfOR Manager will have responsibilities for conducting epidemiologic research to support Level 1 - Level 3 forecasts for pipeline products and forecasts for potential in-licensing products. This CfOR Manager must demonstrate creativity and independent thought in applying technical solutions to derivation of epidemiologic inputs to product forecasts and aligning research with global and/or regional product team strategies. CfOR Managers are recognized as strong scientific contributors to papers in peer reviewed journals or internal reports that enhance the company's mission. This CfOR Manager reports directly to a Therapeutic Area Executive Director or Director.
Key activities of the CfOR Manager include:
- Conducting high-quality research to support development of addressable population forecasts.
- Executing or managing descriptive epidemiologic studies to characterize the incidence/prevalence of disease in US, EU and emerging market countries.
- Executing or managing research projects involving the analysis of medical claims/EMR data sources.
- Conducting literature reviews, prepares research reports and contributing to scientific manuscripts.
- Defending the methods, data sources and inputs into addressable population forecasts.
- Explaining the differences in disease state epidemiology and treatment landscapes across key countries.
- Developing a deep understanding of commercial product strategy to help shape patient research and analysis.
- Helping shape scenarios around evolving treatment landscapes in the market.
- Contributing to 'lessons learned' discussions post-product launch.
- Promoting epidemiologic awareness within Global Marketing (Global Marketing Lead, Forecasting Director, Forecasting Manager).
- Promoting understanding within CfOR of commercial implications to R&D activities.
- Communicating significant scientific information to a variety of audiences.
- Contributing to CfOR TA.
- Establishing annual product-specific and personal goals.
- Providing input into CfOR department meetings.
Master's degree & 5 years of scientific experience
Bachelor's degree & 7 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Doctorate in epidemiology or other subject with high observational research content, or master's degree in epidemiology or other health science, economics, mathematics, statistics or business administration
- Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of observational research studies within a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology setting
- Expertise with advanced spreadsheets and modelling software
- Understanding of drug development (Pre-clinical, Early Development, and/or Clinical Development)
- Project planning and management
- Regional project experience
- Communication of scientific information (written and oral)
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams