Our commitment to making positive change possible depends upon the support, expertise and foresight of a committed Finance department. They serve as the steward of our resources, making it possible for us to support organizations that are committed to making the world a better place.
The Vice President of Finance leads GuideOne's key finance functions including financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, treasury, cash management, and tax planning and compliance. The VP, Finance will work closely with the CFO to develop the financial strategy and execute on the financial plan, including analyzing and reporting results.
This key position will interface with leaders across the organization, drive ownership and accountability on the Finance team, and will recommend solutions, demonstrate agility and deliver results. The VP of Finance will be self-driven, utilize financial and insurance expertise, and demonstrate exceptional change leadership as a skilled people and financial leader. VP of Finance Responsibilities: Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury:
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Oversee the identification, evaluation and recommendation of accounting and financial reporting policies with respect to new statutory guidance and new or unique issues/circumstances.
- Conduct detailed review of financial results on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis; including comparisons against plan and identifying key drivers of financial results.
- Prepare financial management reports and presents findings and recommendations to CFO and senior leaders. Prepare board materials regarding financial results and projections.
- Oversee the annual audit preparation and process. Serve as primary liaison with independent auditing firm. Provide financial information to auditors and examiners as required, as well as regulatory and reporting entities as requested.
- Oversee tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property, and other applicable taxes.
- Oversee cash and treasury operations, including accounts payable and receivable, banking and reconciliations.
- Lead the annual financial plan creation process, including premium and loss planning, commissions, expenses, divisional and departmental budgets, reforecasts, and variance analysis.
- Direct financial plan updates and projections on a regular basis throughout the year, and produces one year and multi-year pro formas and scenarios.
- Oversee corporate financial analysis, modelling, and forecasting and ensures efficient financial operations. Analyze results and develops insights and recommendations for effective financial planning and expense management.
- Ensure appropriate allocations between divisions and across product lines, including expense allocations, analysis, and by-line financials, in coordination with corporate actuarial.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and divisional leaders and managers to support business initiatives and strategic projects, providing support and direction on cost-benefit analysis and appropriate financial treatment and impacts (capitalization, expense, etc.).
- Anticipate and addresses financial challenges and opportunities with a sense of urgency.
- Plan and implement finance transformation systems and processes, including process automation, updated ledger and FP&A systems, etc.
- Support organization growth and profitability through work on strategic projects.
- Perform due diligence around M&A and other growth opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation of rating agency materials.
- Coaches, mentors and develops team and future leaders.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of training and/or experience. Masters' Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Ten or more years in progressively responsible Corporate Accounting roles within the insurance industry; Property & Casualty insurance experience preferred.
- Five or more years of supervisory experience.
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- CPA Designation preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and influencing skills across all levels of the organization.
- Mastery of corporate financial measures and key performance indicators and variations in financial results.
- Strong business acumen, preferably in the property and casualty industry, including working knowledge of statutory and GAAP accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including delivering presentations to leaders and to groups.
- Advanced financial analytic ability and attention to numeric and other detail.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze financial, operational and qualitative information and make insightful observations and recommendations for effective financial controls and management.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office. Able to formulate and prepare complex reports, spreadsheets, and budgets using Excel and Access; create and design PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong business partner, stakeholder and relationship management skills.
- Strong learning agility and strategic thinking skills.
- Overnight travel may be required.
GuideOne Insurance was founded upon two key philosophies that endure to this day: a commitment to social responsibility, and a dedication to serving customers in select niche markets.
At GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees to work towards common goals and succeed together. GuideOne is a recognized expert in providing Commercial Lines insurance and financial services to:
Rich Benefits Package:
- Churches and Houses of Worship
- Small Businesses
- Schools and Higher Education Institutions
- Non-Profit Organizations
No immigration sponsorship is offered for this position
- Casual Dress Code
- 401(K) with up to a 7% match at 100%
- Generous time off
- Flexible work schedules promoting a work/life balance
- Full onsite cafeteria, open every day for breakfast and lunch with subsidized pricing
- Wellness program and incentives
- Free Basic Life & AD&D
- Free short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Educational assistance program
- 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision
- Various employee events throughout the year
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities
- Free parking, employee gardens, and so much more!
This Company Participates in E-Verify
Background Check Required