Accounts PayableJob description
Provide daily data entry of Accounts Payable invoices, manage vendor accounts, AP reporting, investigation and troubleshooting of invoices, invoice coding, invoice scanning, and process improvement.Primary Duties:
- Daily Vendor invoice coding and processing. Daily 3-way match invoice processing.
- Troubleshooting vendor invoices with price or quantity discrepancies.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents daily.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word
- ERP System experience a plus
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills a plus
- Accounts Payable certifications are a plus but not required
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience is required