Provide direction and support to all HR related activities at responsible site. ? Collect employee input and monitor industry/geographic practices for measurement and improvement / changes of practices and benefits. ? Measure/monitor/recommend changes relating to state/federal legal requirements to include health, safety, and environmental issues for employees . Develops and maintains affirmative action programs ; maintains other records , reports , and logs to conform to regulations . ? Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt personnel , students , and temporary employees . Establishes and maintains department records and reports. ? As a partner to the local management teams, they will need to build and drive HR strategy and processes that align with business plans and strategic objectives. Broadly, the HR Manager would be responsible for a wide range of functions including: HR Strategy, Organization Design & Effectiveness, Talent Management/Employee Development, Compensation, Employee Relations, HR Policies & Procedures, HR legal compliance and Company Culture. ? Essential Functions of the Job (responsibilities):
- Help design, develop and promote HR programs in accordance with company objectives and applicable federal/state laws.
- Ensure policies and procedures are administered fairly and consistently throughout the organization. ? Make recommendations to improve procedures as appropriate.
- Counsel management on appropriate course of action in the areas of employment laws, performance management, progressive discipline and terminations.
- Help investigate and resolve associate complaints including discrimination and harassment.
- Assist Platform HR Director to coordinate, analyze and provide information on legal issues.
- Administer Performance Review Program, which includes reviewing performance appraisals, working with managers to determine appropriate merit increases and conducting audits.
- Evaluate and analyze salary data in order to appropriately benchmark positions as well as maintain current compensation information.
- Help design, facilitate and/or implement training programs on various human resource topics such as, Performance Management, Harassment Prevention, etc.
- Development of job descriptions and review process for all positions to include title review and change.
- Salary benchmarking of all jobs to outside statistics by geography and nationally as required.
- Benefits review and alignment to provide maximum benefit for company and employees at agreed upon cost points.
- Perform all other job related duties as directed.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
- Bachelor?s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 5-10 years experience as Human Resource Supervisor or HR Associate type position.
- Active participation in HR Associations, etc.
- Demonstrated background/knowledge in benefits administration and negotiations
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within HR inclusive of applicable employment laws.
- Strong presentation, training, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work in fast-paced, high-volume environments.
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong working knowledge of HSE practices and procedures.
- Conflict management.
- Experience in harassment training and discovery process skills.
- Walking, standing, sitting in an office/manufacturing environment.
- Travel 20% domestic
- Extended hours required.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.? All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.?
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resum?] ?to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.