The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management in supporting the manufacturing facilities. ? The position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: ? recruitment of direct labor workforce, orientation/on-boarding, employee relations, policy implementation and employment law compliance. ? The position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels of the organization. ? The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs. ?
Position Requirements :
1. ???? Maintains knowledge of legal requirements affecting human resource functions and ensures policies and procedures comply. ? Partners with management to communicate any updates or changes of policies or procedures. ?
2. ???? Manages the direct labor recruitment process including but not limited to: working with management to determine the appropriate need of direct labor employees, creates and determines appropriate advertising, application review and interview, pre-employment testing and orientation. ? The direct contact for third party direct labor vendors.
3. ???? Acts as the employee relations specialist and advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues.
4. ???? Responds to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs. ?
5. ???? Coaches, counsels and guides management before executing employee disciplinary actions.
6. ???? Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, updates all necessary systems and maintains inactive files. ?
7. ???? Conducts exit interviews, analyses data and makes recommendations to management for corrective action and continuous improvement.
8. ???? Administers the leave benefit programs; FMLA, ADA, Leave of Absence, Short -Term and Long-Term Disability.
9. ???? Maintains and processes all Unemployment request for information in a timely, efficient manner. ? Attends unemployment hearings when necessary. ??
10. ?? Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports as needed. ? Completes employment verifications.
11. ?? Maintains employee recognition programs.
12. ?? Maintains employee personnel and medical records. ?
13. ?? Individuals directed by management to operate a vehicle for work purposes will observe the requirements of the Fleet Safety Program.
14. ?? Support, promote, and perform in a manner consistent with continuous improvement goals and the values of SSI Technologies, Inc. which includes following the policies, procedures, and requirements of our Quality Management and IS0 14001 Environmental Management Systems.
15. ?? All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Professional and Technical Experience and Education :
1. ???? Bachelor?s degree and a minimum of 3 years of HR experience or a high school diploma/GED/HSED and 7 years of HR experience. ?
2. ???? SPHR/PHR or SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP designation
3. ???? Proficient in Microsoft Office
1. ???? Data driven mindset in identifying and prioritizing opportunities and issues.
2. ???? Energetic and self-driven professional, with a high degree of customer focus.
3. ???? Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally.
4. ???? Solid analytical skills, strategic thinking ability, and problem-solving capacity.
5. ???? Good team player with an ability to operate in a cross functional organization.
6. ???? Proven ability to manage deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task.
7. ???? Demonstrates comfort level in interacting with all levels of the organization.
8. ???? Ability to troubleshoot issues, find root causes and initiate corrective actions.
9. ??? High degree of integrity and ability to handle confidential information