Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
GDIT is seeking an Administrative Support Specialist to assist the Drug Enforcement Administration in support of the Information Technology Field Support Services (IT-FSS) contract. The DEA IT-FSS contract provides IT operational support services to ensure continuing support of DEA's architecture and IT infrastructure, and further DEA's mission, specifically for the Office of Information Systems (SI) and for the Office of Information Systems Field Services (SIF).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide executive, administrative and project support to various project managers
- Create Department of Justice Official Travel Request and Authorization Forms
- Evaluate, estimate, process and track classified travel paperwork for authorized DEA travel
- Create and maintain project-wide travel forms
- Provide travel request and expense system policy and procedure training to new traveling employees
- Organize and deliver travel polity and procedure refresh meetings for all traveling project employees
- Enforce internal corporate travel policies and procedures as well as those outlined in the GSA Federal Travel Regulations
- Create and update travel and invoice tracking spreadsheets, calendars, and contract data graphics using Microsoft Excel
- Compile, format, review and quality check monthly and weekly status reports submitted to the DEA client
- Assist with travel and labor financial reporting; Update multiple fields in excel files
- Create a variety of contract deliverables using Microsoft Word
- Perform office automation work requiring the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Schedule, facilitate and document all contract project meetings
- Schedule executive meetings and prepare meeting materials as required
- Performs related responsibilities as required
- Performs a variety of general administrative and operational tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group, or customer
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: AA/AS, 3+ years experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands how to prioritize a fluctuating workload
- Creates, adapts and follows project schedules and deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
- Active Secret Level clearance preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DSS and DEA secret level security clearances. Clearances must be obtained in a timely manner. Must be a US Citizen in order to obtain the required security clearances.
- Possess an Associate Degree with minimum of 3 years work experience.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Herndon
Additional Work Locations:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.