We Are Hiring Nuclear Medicine Technologist - AMG Cardiovascular Services - St. Vincent's Birmingham
Why Join Ascension:
- Full-Time, Day Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent's East, and St. Vincent's St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. St. Vincent's Birmingham (Downtown)
What you will do:
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in Birmingham.
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and employees.
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- "Where Babies are Born!"
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and affordable housing.
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.
As a Nuclear Medicine Technologist with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation. Responsibilities:
What you will need: Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Nuclear Medicine credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate degree, or Technical degree required
- 1-3 years experience preferred
- Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)