Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
AveXis is seeking an Accounting or Finance intern to partner with the Finance teams globally to develop a dynamic revenue forecasting model and margin analytics and KPI's. The position will provide exposure to revenue recognition principles as well as analytics to drive strategic decision making.Responsibilities
- Create an excel based net revenue forecasting model with dynamic inputs for revenue recognition.
- Utilize the BI reporting tool to develop the phase 2 capabilities for reporting, analytics, and KPI's.
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis
- Enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate degree program
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to analyze data and summarize key insights
- Works well on a team and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.