Multiple Locations Needed: Rockland, MA/Waltham, MA/Somerville, MA
ColoSpace is a premier New England Managed Service Provider that offers fully managed technology solutions and data center services. We architect and support solutions using a variety of platforms such as Windows, VMware, Linux, Cisco, Juniper, Dell, HP, SAN, NAS, DAS, Cloud Storage, Backups, Security, Monitoring, Disaster Recovery, and more. Our customer base includes some of the largest firms in the Financial Services, Healthcare, High Technology, and Professional Services industries.
We are expanding our engineering team and are looking for technology professionals with 6 to 8+ years of experience supporting critical IT infrastructures and customers.
The right candidate will be part of a tight-knit, customer focused, and highly collaborative team that emphasizes knowledge sharing and skills development. The new team member will also have opportunities to reinforce their careers through college tuition reimbursements, training, and paid certification testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier 4 escalations for managed VMware, Microsoft and storage environments.
- Architecture and support of new and existing mixed VMware, Microsoft and Linux managed environments.
- Identify technology upgrades and improvements based on experience and industry best practices.
- Participate in the research and development on the latest virtualization technologies tools, and capabilities as well as other emerging infrastructure capabilities.
- Create and maintain architecture and troubleshooting documentation to reduce unnecessary escalations.
- Contribute to excellent customer service, communication, process support, and accountability.
Required Technology Skills:
Minimum 6+ years of hands-on experience with architecture, implementation, and support of mixed Microsoft and Linux environments with the following technologies.
- VMware 6+.
- Microsoft server and AD.
- Clustering, replication, and high-availability technologies.
- High-performance storage.
- Enterprise systems and security.
- Storage networks.
- Solid Power Shell, Power CLI.
- Planning and directing complex projects.
Minimum 3+ years' experience implementing and supporting:
- Application firewalls and load balancers.
- IP networks, VLANs, subnetting, and common network protocols.
- MSSQL environments.
- Linux LAMP.
- IIS, Apache.
- Disaster Recovery
Required Executive Functioning:
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills combined with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Independent self-starter who is able to successfully complete job functions with minimal supervision.
- Reliable and a responsible team player (documentation, mentoring, and collaboration).
- Strong desire to learn new skills and apply knowledge to solve unique challenges and improve the team.
Certification and Education:
- VMware VCP or VCAP
- Microsoft MCSA server 2012 or 2016
- AWS Associate Solutions Architect
- BA/ BS in relevant subject preferred but not required.
- ColoSpace is not sponsoring any visas at this time.