CompExecs is assisting an iconic social media leader in their search for a Compensation Director. The headquarters is in San Francisco, California, but the position can be done remotely from New York City, with travel as needed. They are seeking an innovative, experienced compensation leader to develop, implement, and manage base pay, short and long-term incentive plans, and recognition programs. This is a dynamic organization that highly values adaptability, intellectual curiosity, collaboration, and an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have an interest, please reach out to Kevin Raines at CompExecs (). For additional roles we are sourcing, check out .
The company's mission is to enhance the public conversation by giving everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. Our Total Rewards team is dedicated to supporting our mission by ensuring our employees (current and potential) feel valued, starting from their new hire offer through their entire experience.
We are looking for a passionate Compensation Director. In this role, you draw from big picture thinking to design and deliver innovative and creative broad-based compensation programs balancing business needs and employee experience. This position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to create strategies from the ground up that will further drive high-performance, positive business results, and shareholder value.
- Core ResponsibilitiesLead the design and development of broad-based compensation programs in support of the People Leadership Team. In this role you will manage base pay, short and long-term incentive plans, and recognition programs in support of business needs, identifying and leading strategic projects to enhance the compensation offerings.
- Stay on top of internal trends and competitive market intelligence, anticipating and navigating the potential impact to our pay philosophy and practices and looking for opportunities to be innovative and market leading.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of federal, state regulations and global labor laws that may affect compensation policies and keeps abreast of trends and makes recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Partner with the Head of Compensation Operations and external consultants to assess, develop, and design new and existing compensation and programs.
- Partner closely with key leaders across the business, People, Finance and Legal to understand needs and prioritize accordingly. You demonstrate assertiveness, maturity, leadership, fortitude, creativity, influence, and the ability to be both strategic and executional.
- Manage, develop and coach corporate compensation team members and provide support as needed to other Total Rewards team members and key stakeholders.
- Partner with Recruiting and HR Business Partners on total compensation offers and onboarding of incoming employees. Meet with candidates and/or new hires regarding details of compensation packages, as needed.
- Consulting with business leaders on compensation solutions, job evaluations, promotions, as well as recognition and reward strategies.
- Oversee the design, implementation and ongoing evolution of sales incentive programs.
- Lead cross-functional project teams driving solutions that impact employee pay including mergers and acquisitions, compliance and audit findings, and compensation program system development.
- Build and leverage your network within and external to the company.
- You will work in close partnership with the Vice-President of Total Rewards, to whom this position reports.
- Position Requirements 10+ years of compensation experience and 7+ years of leadership experience
- Experience with sales compensation
- Experience managing global recognition programs
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources, Finance or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Position Preferred Attributes MBA or related master's degree
- CCP, GRP, CEP, CECP, or PHR/SPHR certification
- Experience in global or multinational organizations
- Personal AttributesYou are instinctive enough to address critical business opportunities, scrappy enough to resolve reactive or operational items quickly, and savvy enough to work with all levels in a matrixed environment
- You are a subject matter expert, strategic thought leader, and know when to pull in the perspectives of the broader team
- You love business, especially technology, and are motivated by the role compensation and recognition plays in keeping a competitive edge
- Keeping status quo is your worst nightmare. You are motivated by complexity and challenges; you are energized by fast paced environments that evolve before they have to
- You are competitive and like to win - together. You thrive off of working with smart, creative people that challenge you to perform at a higher level and draw the best out of you;
- You have a high learning agility, are comfortable in ambiguity and can pull relevant components out of complex situations to connect the dots and make sound decisions
- Had significant hands on experience with designing, implementing and operating compensation and recognition programs
- Consulting background, with outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills and demonstrated ability to develop relationships and influence at all levels within the organization, especially with senior leadership
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, dynamic business environment; tech industry experience highly desired
- Strong problem-solving, critical/analytical thinking abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management and ability to lead and drive initiatives
- Knowledgeable of US regulatory pay requirements, global knowledge is a plus
- Expert Excel skills, experience in Google Docs is a plus
- Familiarity with Workday is a plus