LGC's Genomics Division is on a significant growth trajectory, and therefore needs the ability to effectively market its product and service portfolio, identifying gaps and extending where needed.
Our regulated manufacturing facilities can synthesize oligos for all needs - from applied markets to IVD. LGC Biosearch Technologies' PilotDx® oligo manufacturing services are ideal for product development and pilot testing. This service provides continuity with GMP processes to ease the transition to commercial production. In addition the service provides oligos for research use only.
The role objectives center on owning the oligonucleotide portfolio, with responsibility for Marketing, Product Life Cycle management, leading commercial input to drive new product development, and defining our value and positioning in key workflows critical to our customer base.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement a strategy for your product portfolio (covering 4P's) to drive sales.
- Own, and communicate internally and externally, the product positioning for your portfolio.
- Provide the commercial leadership on new product development activities including preparing the business case and design input requirements.
- Work closely with other business owners to develop the product line.
- Educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits.
- Work closely with our LGC Biosearch and Molecular Diagnostics Sales Specialists to devise and implement business to business channel strategy, and generate revenues for the portfolio.
- Create product marketing collateral and content such as sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, brochures, on-line guides and other forums.
- Measure and optimise the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- Provide sales team and internal stakeholders with up to date competitive information, new trends in the industry and potential new sources of revenue for continued sales support.
- Make recommendations for change based on competitive trends and market conditions.
- Foster relationships with the commercial organization in order to stay connected with the marketplace taking on the role as product champion.
- Portfolio maintenance and developlement are key parts of this position.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills:
- BS degree in Life Sciences or higher.
- 5+ years experience in product marketing, and or product management in a life science company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; there is an extensive amount of writing and presenting / selling ideas in this role.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross team capacity.
- Understanding of the requirements of the genomics industry.
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing industry.
- Experience in the Next Generation Sqeuenceing space.
- Customer focused (Internal and External).
- Demand generation through support and partnership with the sales organization.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills:
- Experience in a commercial B2B role.
- Understanding of Nucleic acid chemistry.
- Experience in the Molecular Diagnostics industry.
- Knowledge and experience in instrumentation launch and support.
Essential Competencies and Behaviours:
- Delivers on commitments.
- Critical thinking or the ability to analyze situations or statements and determine their validity.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work as a team and collaborate with other LGC Biosearch Product Marketing Managers.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with employees, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Operates in line with LGC's core value behaviours: Respect, Integrity, Passion, Curiosity and Brilliance.