Whitestone REIT (NYSE: WSR) is a fully integrated real estate investment trust ("REIT") that acquires, owns, manages, develops and redevelops high quality "internet-resistant" neighborhood, community and lifestyle retail centers.
Whitestone REIT is searching for a Property Manager that has a passion for a fast-paced and problem solving environment. This rewarding role will have a keen focus for retail and commercial properties in the D/FW region, with the opportunity to work out of our Frisco, TX office. Reporting directly to the Division Director of the Dallas region, this position will continuously allow for ongoing career development within property management and real estate through trainings and team coaching.
- Maintain properties to expected standards and show Pride of Ownership
- Quickly address issues with the property or tenant ensuring there is constant communication with the tenants on their business needs; Problem Solver.
- Understand the customer and have ability to show the ability to Nurture and Empathize to ensure Customer Retention
- Vendor Management
- Work with Collections and Accounting to monitor all collections, payment plans, default notices, CAM issues and take action of locking out if necessary;
- Review, code, approve and submit invoices for vendors to Accounting department in a timely manner;
- Calculate budget preparation and CAM reconciliation for assigned properties as well as delegating charges to correct tenants;
- Oversee move in and move out processes with tenants assuring that all items are completed such as keying space, utilities changes, cleaned spaces, inventory list and construction requirements if applicable; and
- Educate tenants on the details of their leases assuring they have complete understanding of their contract and role as a tenant and Whitestone's role as a Property Manager.
Skills and Education:
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Yardi or other commercial real estate software;
- Multi-task and ability to prioritize heavy workload;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Highly motivated and dependable person;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.);
- Strong written and excellent communication skills;
- Bachelors degree.