NorthPoint Development is looking for a Development Planner! The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of land development principles and entitlement processes. We're seeking a quick learner with a background in engineering, landscape architecture, planning, or related field who enjoys a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Work closely with Development Managers to understand site constraints and entitlement procedures for prospective industrial development sites.
• Perform due diligence research and prepare reports of findings.
• Collaborate with engineering and survey staff on analysis of site constraints and entitlement requirements.
• Manage entitlement process for properties under contract.
• Assist in establishment and upkeep of site development procedures and best practices.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Research planning documents, land use ordinances, and entitlement processes for local municipalities and develop critical timelines.
• Review site constraints including topography, subsurface conditions, wetlands, floodplain, and utilities.
• Develop concept plans based on site constraints.
• Prepare maps, graphics, exhibits, and reports to clearly communicate the results of due diligence research.
• Prepare, submit, and obtain approvals of entitlement applications.
• Participate in regular coordination meetings with internal stakeholders and outside consultants to keep projects on track and meet deadlines.
• Participate in meetings with neighbors, municipality staff, and elected officials. Make presentations at public meetings. Overnight travel may occasionally be required.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of current and long-range planning, subdivision regulations, and zoning ordinances.
• Experience with planning, surveying, landscaping, and engineering processes and terms.
• Ability to read and understand site plans, landscape plans, surveys, and engineering drawings.
• General understanding of environmental regulations and approval processes regarding wetlands, special flood hazard areas, and threatened/endangered species.
• Ability to analyze data, think critically, and take a creative approach to solving problems.
• Ability to effectively communicate and efficiently manage information flow among a multi-disciplinary team, property owners, municipal staff, and elected officials.
• Ability to organize and effectively manage many projects at once, each with unique characteristics, goals, and challenges.
• Experience with AutoCAD a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, planning, landscape architecture, construction, related field, or work experience in development.
• Five years of progressively responsible development planning experience preferred, or any combination of experience, education, and training that demonstrates the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
Come work on a team that aims to demystify the commercial real estate development process using new data-driven methods and tools. NorthPoint is a values driven company: