The Director of Operations (DO) is a key senior leader at Community Food Share. The incumbent directs and leads food procurement, distribution, and warehouse operations, including personnel, facilities, and equipment maintenance, operations budget, logistics, purchasing, inventory management, quality control, partner agencies, and overall safety. The Director is the public face of the operations for Community Food Share, expected to steward donors, speak at events, and interact with board memebers and other important stakeholders.
Community Food Share is the Feeding America Food Bank in Boulder and Broomfield counties. We are small but mighty in our reach within our service area, and seek to end hunger within our counties. If you have a passion for service and are interested in being a part of the fight to end hunger in America, then think about joining us!
- Maintains positive and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders - staff, participants, BOD, agencies, donors, Feeding America, volunteers, vendors, and other food banks.
- Works with the Development Department providing information for presentations and funding opportunities. Ensures grant based deliverables are understood and feasible. Anticipates food purchasing issues.
- Provides information, consultation, reports and data as requested by Executive Director .
- Administers and conducts operations in an "audit-ready" status at all times, including the maintenance of regular documentation, testing of systems and spot-checking the work of direct and indirect reports.
- Ensures warehouse physical space and procedures meet all governmental regulations, health and safety rules, Community Food Share policy, HR, AIB, and Feeding America (FA) requirements. Ensures all licensing, tests and reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Oversees all warehouse plant, equipment, and facilities are in good working condition; manages and holds vendors accountable for repairs, negotiates replacement and maintenance contracts with appropriate vendors, and ensures regular maintenance occurs in a timely manner for plant and vehicles. Is main point of contact along with Assistant Director of Operations, for all warehouse physical plant issues.
People & Budget Management
- Directly supervises Food Resource & Compliance Manager, Assistant Director of Operations, Agency Relations Manager, and Operations Support Specialist. Responsibilities include planning staffing requirements to meet goals, collaborating in interviewing process, and ensuring staff training; planning, assigning, scheduling and directing work; appraising performance; discipline and enforcement of Community Food Share policies and procedures. Mentors and coaches operations employees in the performance of their duties.
- Creates annual budget with input from operations staff; ensures budgeting for any fiscal year, or the remaining part of any fiscal year, does not deviate materially from the annual budget.
We offer competitive pay and a great benefits package for the right person:
Pay range for this positon is $70,000 to $80,000 per year.
20 days paid time off in the first year
10 paid holidays
95% employer paid health insurance
100% employer paid dental, life and disability
A fun and energizing culture
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to