Great news and it doesn't happen often but we officially have a school therapist position open. Yes, all the benefits of a school schedule are right here for the right person.
If you are a licensed school counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, LCPC or LCSW than you immediately qualify for this open position. However, if you are motivated, have an excellent work ethic, passionate about what you do and can work as a team player, then we want you.
Position: Licensed School Counselor, LCSW, LPC, LCPC or LSOTP (Must have one)
Salary: Pay starts at $48,400. Additional pay is based upon experience and licensure
Benefits: Medical/Dental and 401 K
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing and documenting group, individual, family therapy, and crisis intervention.
- Development of admission note, mental health assessment, behavior intervention plan, run risk assessment, individual treatment plan.
- Working with a variety of other team members as a clinical leader. Work with a culturally diverse population.
- Presents clinical documentation in writing and verbal in multidisciplinary staffing, educational, legal or other entities relevant to the client's treatment.
- Provide a proactive approach when dealing with escalated behaviors and attitudes
- Maintains confidentiality of records relating to client's treatment
- Master's degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field from an accredited college or university and successful completion of a practicum and/or internship which includes a minimum of 1,000 hours or 1 year of clinical experience under the supervision of a qualified mental health professional (IL Code 132 QMHP criteria).
- Must satisfactorily complete: DCFS Criminal background check, FBI background check, drug screening, sex offender registry check, copy of education transcripts and license (LPC. LCPC, LCSW, LSOTP).
- 3 professional references
- Technology competence includes, but are not limited to:
- Word software
- Basic computer functions
- Printing, texting, scanning
- Maintain confidentiality and professional ethics at all times
- Ongoing professional development
- PBIS training preferred
If interested, please send a letter of interest and email resume to or fax to .
JTC Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We not only do not discriminate against applicants based on culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, and socio-economic status, but welcome and encourage these applicants to apply. Veterans and people who have disabilities are also strongly encouraged to apply for this position.